To make this, you’ll need 10 to 15 minutes max. This was a fun and particularly easy recipe I came up with when we had some guests coming over for a dinner party. There are 4 needed ingredients, but I’m going to be a little particular with the brands because the ones I’ve listed below have a certain taste and texture:
- What you need:
- Frozen corn – 1 to 1.5 lbs
- Tillamook sharp cheddar – fourth to third of 2.5lb block
- Daisy cottage cheese – half to a third of 3lb tub
- Tone’s Tuscan garlic seasoning blend – 2 heaping spoons
- In a flat glass bakeware dish, microwave the corn for 2.5 minutes. After this, mix the corn and hit it for another 30 seconds.
- Coarsely chop up the cheese block so that it covers the corn (little skill or effort needed) and microwave again for 2-3 minutes. Once the cheddar has melted, mix the corn/cheddar combo in the pan till it’s fairly even.
- Microwave again if there is a significant amount of undistributed or unmelted cheddar cheese.
- Let it cool for 1 minute and then heap on the creamy cottage cheese. Add the seasoning to the cottage cheese heap, then mix everything together with a spatula for 1-3 minutes until consistent.
- Optional: A mashed avocado with cilantro can also be added.
- Serve with crunchy chips or warm bread.