I was able to take a week off from residency in November to vacation with my wife in AZ. I had been there before, but wanted to see more this time around. The southwestern US is phenomenal, with many hidden gems and trails scattered throughout.
- The hikes we did:
- Cathedral Rock – Sedona
- Coal Mine Canyon
- Grand Canyon (South Rim) – Grandview trail to Horseshoe Mesa and back
- Devil’s Bridge – Sedona
- Soldier Pass Trail – Sedona
- Hole In The Wall – Phoenix (Papago Park)
- It was a truly amazing series of natural spectacles. We were blessed to have great hosts – Sunny and Megha and also to spend some time with Amanda’s parents
June 2017 was a flurry of life events, from hiking through Yellowstone to graduation to starting residency as a physician. In the middle of these things, tucked neatly amidst the emotions and travel, was a seminal life event – my wedding. Amanda Meryl Krantz and I were betrothed in NYC on June 17th, 2017. We had a small rehearsal dinner hosted at Sotto 13 in Manhattan the evening before.
The wedding itself was a blur – so much planning and so many guests in the moment of our lives. We are indebted to our amazing photographer, who captured our memories so well.
To be surrounded by so much love and so many connections was not overwhelming, but humbling. All the people who care and take stride to keep you in their hearts – mother father, brother – cousins, uncles, aunties, friends, and family across the aisle – they converged into a celebration aboard the aptly named vessel – the Destiny – on that evening. It was the evening of a lifetime.
Right before I graduated from medical school, my family and I went to Yellowstone National Park. We saw the usual sites – Old Faithful, Mystic Falls, Paint Pots, Mammoth, etc., as well as some longer trails, including:
- Mystic Falls which was a total of 11.0 miles – we took the scenic route
- Hellroaring Trail – we doubled back and also saw the Coyote Creek path for 8.3 miles
- Inspiration point – due to some closures we ended up spending a lot of time around Jenny Lake – 8.1 miles
Some amazing encounters with wildlife and natural formations:
A twist on this Tasty recipe: